Sierra Mist Pound Cake
as prepared by Dr. Stacy Jones, UA interim dean of students
3 cups sugar
3 sticks butter*
3 cups flour
¾ cup Sierra Mist
3 teaspoons pure lemon extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and mix well between each addition .
4. Add flour and mix well.
5. Add extracts and Sierra Mist.
6. Pour batter into lightly greased and floured fluted pound cake pan.
7. Bake for 75 to 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*Items must be at room temperature before you start baking. You will need to leave them on the counter for 4-6 hrs.